Supporting good grantmaking while enabling human service and community development agencies to serve those in need
Envisioning Pittsburgh’s nonprofit sector as innovative, informed, engaged and effective, The Forbes Funds advances capacity building within and among the region’s nonprofit organizations.
As we pursue our vision, we endeavor to respect our values and operating philosophy:
- To engage in activities in which we have distinctive competencies and to seek other organizational partners whenever appropriate;
- To promote continuous learning and capacity building in the organizations we serve and to discourage long-term dependence on outside technical assistance;
- To evaluate our own activities so that we improve the quality and relevance of our portfolio of programs and services;
- To be mindful that efficient management is not an end in itself but rather a means to a better accomplishment of the social and charitable missions of the organizations we serve; and
- To adhere to the highest standards of professional ethics and accountability in all that we do.
The mission of The Forbes Funds is to strengthen the management and policy-making capacity of the nonprofit sector by providing the support, resources, and knowledge required for high-performing nonprofits. We accomplish this mission through grantmaking, applied research and sector leadership activities.
The Forbes Funds thanks its lead sponsor, The Pittsburgh Foundation. The Forbes Funds is proud to work with The Pittsburgh Foundation to service the nonprofit sector and advance our mission.