The Wishart Award is made to a local nonprofit human service or community development organization that has demonstrated a sustained commitment to excellence in management and governance.
The award is presented bi-annually to an organization that has consistently demonstrated:
- leadership among the staff and board of directors,
- use of information and objective analysis in planning and programming,
- a commitment to excellence in human resource management,
- continuous improvement of service delivery processes,
- measurement and monitoring of outcomes,
- a commitment to consumer satisfaction,
- openness to collaborative efforts with other organizations, and
- accountability to the public trust.
Most Recent Recipient: Jewish Family & Children's Service of Pittsburgh
May 23, 2013
Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Pittsburgh (JF&CS) is an independent 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of families and individuals of all ages throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area by providing psychological, employment and social services. Services are provided and referrals are made without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
For more than 75 years, JF&CS has remained vital and relevant by continuously adapting
our programs and services to meet the changing needs of our dynamic population. JF&CS is a known leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions that help thousands of people every year cope with lifecycle transitions and crises.
Previous Honorees (starting with most recent)
- North Hills Community Outreach
- Pace School
- Family Services of Western PA
- Bethlehem Haven
- Human Services Center Corporation
- ACTION-Housing, Inc.
- The Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council
- The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank