Bolstering the nonprofit sector to build a better region.
Who We Are
The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership is a coalition of about 350 nonprofit agencies in the Southwestern Pennsylvania region dedicated to providing a unified voice for the nonprofit sector.
Our region's nonprofit sector gives citizens greater voice, inspires public participation, and promotes a vibrant community.
The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership strengthens our region by improving the viability, impact, and effectiveness of the sector.
The Advisory Team consists of fifteen individuals elected or appointed by the representatives of GPNP member organizations. As the leadership of the GPNP, the Advisory Team, with the help of The Forbes Funds staff, surveys the goals and priorities of GPNP members in order to better implement its agenda. Current team:
- Deborah Acklin, WQED
- Gregg Behr, The Grable Foundation
- Dave Coplan, Human Services Center Corporation
- Colleen Fedor (Chair), The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern PA
- Bobbi Watt Geer, United Way of Westmoreland County
- Amy Hart, Center for Hearing & Deaf Services
- John Lydon, Auberle
- Everett McElveen, Life's Work
- Jesse McLean, Every Child, Inc.
- Susan Rauscher, Catholic Charities
- Brian Schreiber (Vice Chair), Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
- Ken Service, Pittsburgh Council for Higher Education
- Michael Smith, Goodwill of Southwest PA
- Janera Solomon, Kelly Strayhorn Theatre
- Bernadette Turner, Addison Behavioral Care
Communications Committee, co-chaired by Greg Quinlan and Amy Hart, works on both internal and external communications efforts.
Membership Committee, co-chaired by Mike Smith and Christy Stuber, is dedicated to enhancing membership services and promoting the value of the GPNP.
Public Policy Committee, co-chaired by Bernadette Turner and Susan Hockenberry, reviews and discusses policy issues that affect the nonprofit sector in which the GPNP may take action and works to build relationships with legislators.
All committees are open to the general membership. To join, please contact Benjamin Hemmings at email@example.com.