The Executive-In-Residence (EIR) program provides high-level advisory support to nonprofit leadership as they strive to strengthen organizational impact, nimbleness, and sustainability. The goal of the program is to offer just-in-time assistance and coaching services to executive directors and boards in order to minimize organizational disruption and/or to seize opportunities with a greater level of assurance. The EIR program is open to human service and community-based organizations in Allegheny County.
Areas of support include:
- Financial strategy to support operational needs and sustainable growth.
- Ideas for growing the mission and capitalizing on program opportunities.
- Enhanced strategic and generative performance of the board.
- Models for generating more impactful employee performance.
- An objective and experienced sounding board with whom you can share your leadership challenges and dreams.
The Forbes Funds’ Executive-In-Residence program can provide CEOs and Executive Directors with an opportunity to engage in generative discussions with an experienced executive on specific leadership and organizational topics. Since it began, this program has brought assistance to more than 40 nonprofit executives and is currently accepting new participants. There is no charge for this service and, to date, participants have been able to generate new funding, manage current assets more effectively, and develop long term organizational strengths both in operations and governance.
Coaching is provided by Don Goughler, recently retired CEO of Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, with 26 years of CEO experience in two different social service organizations. Additional consultation with other experienced specialists is also being developed.
If you are interested in participating in or learning more, please contact us.