Executive in Residence
The Executive-In-Residence (EIR) program, launched in July 2014, is designed to provide high-level advisory support to nonprofit executives and boards as they strive to strengthen organizational impact, nimbleness, and sustainability. The goal of the program is to offer just-in-time assistance and coaching services to executive directors and boards in order to minimize organizational disruption and/or to seize opportunities with a greater level of assurance. The EIR program is open to human service and community development organizations in Allegheny County.
Are you an agency CEO who would like to have assistance in generating
- Financial strategy to support your operational and needs and intended growth in the coming years?
- Ideas for growing the mission and capitalizing on program opportunities?
- Enhanced strategic and generative performance of the board?
- A model for generating more impactful employee performance?
- Do you need an objective sounding board, someone who has been through it before, with whom you can share your leadership challenges and dreams?
The Forbes Funds’ executive coaching program can provide CEOs and Executive Directors with an opportunity to engage in generative discussions with an experienced executive on specific leadership and organizational topics. Since it began, this program has brought assistance to more than 40 nonprofit executives and is currently accepting new participants. There is no charge for this service and, to date, participants have been able to generate new funding, manage current assets more effectively, and develop long term organizational strengths both in operations and governance.
Coaching is provided by Don Goughler, recently retired CEO of Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, with 26 years of CEO experience in two different social service organizations. Additional consultation with other experienced specialists is also being developed.
If you are interested in participating in or learning more, please contact us.