Focus on Renewal
The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation, or FOR for short, was founded in 1969. FOR founders led a group of mobilized citizens and community activists against corrupt local politicians to create an umbrella organization for much needed social services now ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups and mental health to arts programs for ages and small business incubation.
FOR has now grown to house 30+ staff at 6 locations throughout McKees Rocks and Stowe Township. FOR aims to support the people in our community through programs for all ages aimed towards the development of healthy mind, body and spirit. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure high quality programming is accessible to all 13,000 residents of the Sto-Rox Community
Why does Sto-Rox need FOR's Support?
These statistics, however, tell only part of the story. Throughout FOR's long service to the community, the following conditions have been on the increase: drug and alcohol addiction, various degrees of untreated mental illness, criminal histories, poor nutrition and physical health ailments. This is why FOR has undertaken major organizational transformation this past year to better serve our beloved Sto-Rox Community, visit www.forstorox.org to learn more.
Previous GPNP Member Spotlights
- Sisters Place
- Allies for Children
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Center for Hearing and Deaf Services, Inc.
- Community Human Services
- Consumer Health Coalition
- Every Child, Inc.
- Foundation of HOPE
- Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Just Harvest
- Keystone Chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Laughlin Children's Center
- Mental Health America of Westmoreland County
- The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- The Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society- PA Keystone Chapter
- Neighborhood Learning Alliance
- Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
- Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group
- Volunteers of America Pennsylvania