Position Title: Grants Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Management Assistance
FLSA Status: Exempt, full time
Department: Collective Impact/Management Assistance
Closing Date: April 30, 2020
Summary of Position: The Grants Project Manager (GPM) will assist organizations in entering and navigating The Forbes Funds service continuum while concurrently supporting the Director of Manager (DMA) with capacity building programming and grant making. The GPM should serve as an extension of the DMA in external meeting with partnering organizations and outside institutions. The GPM will also be responsible for supporting the operations of the Management Assistance Grant (MAG) program, grant-writing to funders, and other Forbes Funds projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of Forbes Funds grantmaking, including writing grant reports, processing reimbursements, creating materials for committee meetings, attending meetings with grantees, collecting and analyzing grantee data and outcomes, etc.
- Assist in guiding organizations through the grant making process from initial contact, LOI, Application, Project Development, Proposal Review, Project Execution and Project Reporting.
- Provide data driven recommendation to support Director of Management Assistance in prioritizing grant projects based on TFF priorities.
- Developing reports and informational documents about MAG program, outputs and outcomes.
- Promote the Forbes Funds’ grantmaking approach and the work of its grantees
- Project Management in completing foundation grant applications and grant reports.
- Writing proposals, preparing applications and gathering supporting documents.
- Maintaining and implementing a calendar of funding activities including due dates and impact report timelines.
- Researching and identifying new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects.
- Communicating with appropriate funding staff prior to submission of proposals.
- Writing and ensuring the timely submission of final reports.
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Manage internal data systems for tracking projects, grantee data, outputs, and outcomes.
- Synthesize relevant organizational information to highlight programmatic impact for external stakeholders.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitate data for informed decision-making and program planning.
- Special Projects
- Assist in project management of special events and education sessions, including event planning and logistics, program planning, collecting and analyzing program evaluation data, etc.
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the core organizations and strategic partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO and Director of Management Assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong candidates will be supportive, perceptive, and accountable partners who can carry out the Forbes Funds’ mission as part of a highly collaborative team.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Strong project management skills and ability to balance multiple projects successfully.
- Knowledge and experience with organizations that fit the Foundation’s funding priorities particularly emerging, community-based nonprofits.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of human services and community development.
- Appreciation for responsive, non-prescriptive grant making practice.
- Ability to monitor and synthesize a complex issues and processes to multiple audiences.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong, creative communication skills.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for events, as needed.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, attending to details and timelines.
Other attributes include:
- Positivity, ability to motivate others, and a sense of camaraderie
- A learner with a high degree of curiosity and a desire to see the big picture.
- Empathy, humility, and a respect for divergent points of view and approaches.
- Ability to make tough choices, use discretion, and exercise good judgement.
- Adaptability, resilience, and a sense of humor.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in or related to Human Services, Social Work, Public Health, Community and Economic Development
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a project manager, data analyst, or equivalent training and experience in a social research, systems analysis, or systems thinking
- At least four years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Results-orientated and a passion for creativity.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
- Experience with Database Management Systems, strong working knowledge of MS suite of applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to various audiences.
- Credit and Background Check.
About The Forbes Funds:
The mission of The Forbes Funds (TFF) focuses on building the management capacity and strengthening impact of community-based nonprofits individually and collectively. Our work supports capacity-building initiatives for human services and community development agencies by facilitating innovative partnerships, implementing learning cohorts, connecting local talent and initiatives to global frameworks like the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Bateson Institutes Warm Data Labs, and building coalitions through the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP).
The Forbes Funds is a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Additional information about The Forbes Funds is available on-line at www.forbesfunds.org
Click here to learn more about The Forbes Funds.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30
Please include Forbes Funds Grants Project Manager in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
THE FORBES FUNDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.
Interns & Fellows
Interns and fellows are an important to The Forbes Funds' team. We hire interns for fall, spring, and summer terms; we hire fellows for specific projects.
The Forbes Funds is currently hiring a Program Capacity Associate Intern to work collaboratively with The Forbes Funds’ executive team to support education and learning programs. This position supports the coordination of learning cohorts, The Forbes Funds’ Needs Assessment & additional capacity building programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Support (50%)
- Serve as primary coordinator for The Forbes Funds Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 learning cohorts.
- Develop, deliver, and analyze course surveys that demonstrate capacity growth.
- Serve as lead for program reports (interim report and final reports).
- Support executive team in recruitment of participants.
- Manage logistics of learning cohorts (rooms scheduling, invitations, follow-up, etc.).
Data Support (25%)
- Analyze Needs Assessment Reports weekly.
- Aggregate Needs Assessment data bimonthly.
- Serve as lead contact person for Needs Assessment support.
- Provide support to executive team surrounding needs assessment as needed.
Research & Development (25%)
- Assist executive team in the development of The Forbes Funds’ consultant’s database by:
- Providing program development support.
- Providing general research support.
- Providing technical support for consultants matching program.
Additional responsibilities may arise throughout the term of employment.
All candidates must present evidence of:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong research and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of the local nonprofit sector.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- A commitment to working to create a collaborative working relationship with TFF colleagues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to at least 1 year of service.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is January 18, 2020.
No phone calls please.
THE FORBES FUNDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.