The Forbes Funds' Vision
Envisioning Pittsburgh’s nonprofit sector as innovative, informed, engaged, and effective, The Forbes Funds advances capacity building within and among the region’s nonprofit organizations.
As we pursue our vision, we endeavor to respect certain values and our operating philosophy:
- To engage in activities in which we have distinctive competencies and to seek other organizational partners whenever appropriate.
- To promote continuous learning and capacity building in the organizations we serve and to discourage long-term dependence on outside technical assistance.
- To evaluate our own activities so that we improve the quality and relevance of our portfolio of programs and services.
- To be mindful that efficient management is not an end in itself but rather a means to a better accomplishment of the social and charitable missions of the organizations we serve.
- To adhere to the highest standards of professional ethics and accountability in all that we do.
The Forbes Funds' Mission
The Forbes Funds focuses on building the management capacity and impact of community-based nonprofits individually and collectively.