Apply to Become a Certified Consultant
There are many ways to work with The Forbes Funds and our 500+ nonprofit members as a consultant with us.
Our work is supported by our regional and project partners.
The Forbes Funds provide nonprofits with vetted resources, proven competency. Apply now to become a certified consultant, and we will reach out and invite you to our next required virtual Consultants Roundtable.
We understand that, as a consultant, there is a barrier to entry to get work as a practitioner in your respective field. Work with us to build relationships with nonprofits you want to support and increase your bottom line, at the same time.
Benefits include the following.
Increase brand awareness with a public profile
A link back to your site to boost your search engine visibility
Participate in consultant rountables and our matchmaking service
Deliver webinars and virtual offerings to prospective GPNP nonprofit partners
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Consultant Roundtable?
The purpose is to develop a group of transformational, culturally competent consultants who work together to strengthen nonprofits in our resilient communities.
- A vetted directory of The Forbes Funds-credentialed consultants.
- It is a collaborative network of nonprofit practitioners & subject matter experts who address pressing needs in the sector.
- An online repository of capacity-building resources with links to appropriate consultants based on organizational needs.
What are the Consultant Rountable member benefits?
- Deeper engagement with the nonprofit sector
- Insights from funders, cross-sector partners, and leaders about trends
- Access to top-tier projects/engagements
- Marketing & Networking
- Continuous Learning & Credentialing Opportunities
- Matching services
What are the Consultant Rountable member requirements?
- Transformational leadership + expertise on collaborative capacity-building projects
- Overall fit with The Forbes Funds theory of change
- Cultural competence in supporting our resilient communities
- Lead at least one webinar per year for The Forbes Funds ecosystem (free)
- Attend quarterly roundtable meetings
What is the process?
Step 1: Onboarding
- Orientation Session(s)
- Simple online application
- Profile on new website
In addition, we will need to vett all consultants:
- Portfolio Review
- Interview/Reference Check
Step 2: Choose Level of Engagement
- Project-based: Management Assistance Grants / C3 Catalytic Community Cohorts
- Submit bid for RFP
- Cohort-based: Executive-in-Residence (EIR) Learning Sessions
- Sign Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with The Forbes Funds
- Affinity Groups
- POC Leadership Circle
- Crisis/Rapid Response Team
Step 3: Continuous Improvement
- Ongoing content-specific learning + networking opportunities
- Feedback-loop from grantees
- Troubleshooting and peer- support
When is the next virtual Consultant Roundtable?
They are hosted quarterly, on the third Tuesday of every third month.
The catalytic grants awarded by the Management Assistance Grants program primarily fund projects that focus on strategy, finance, and organizational realignment with two or more organizations partnering to broaden their impact. These capacity-building efforts support the collective impact of the collaborative.
Take the next steps towards becoming a certified consultant today!