FROM GOOD TO GREAT: Board Governance, Leadership and Engagement Cohorts
- Six weekly, 90-minute virtual classes
- One-on-One Technical Assistance / Coaching session with board expert, Debra Caplan.
- Board Basics, including Board Roles & Responsibilities
- Overview of bylaws and key board policies
- Board Recruitment& Development Skills Matrix
- Sample tools and policies provided.
- Debra L. Caplan
Debra L. Caplan is an Executive-in-Residence at The Forbes Funds where she provides expert coaching and technical assistance for nonprofits in the areas of governance and management. In addition to her longstanding career as a leader in healthcare, and more recently in workforce development, Debbie has served on the boards of more than 10 nonprofit organizations, including as Board Chair, previously at WQED, and currently at the Jewish Healthcare Foundation. Her past and current role as Governance Committee Chair for several nonprofit boards, reflects her interest and experience in governance matters. In addition to her Masters in Public Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School, Debbie has a Certificate in Nonprofit Board Education, and a Certificate in Nonprofit Board Consulting from BoardSource.