COVID-19 Townhall: Where do we stand? How to protect yourself and your community
Join the Black Equity Coalition and the PA Department of Health, Office of Health Equity to discuss COVID-19 in a townhall setting.
- Opening Prayer and Scripture Reading
- Rev. Snyder – Pastor, Bethel A.M.E. Church
- Welcome – 10 minutes
- BEC – Fred Brown, The Forbes Funds
- DOH – Dr. Debra Bogen, ACHD or David Saunders PADOH Office of Health Equity
- PBEOC – State Representative Ed Gainey
- Efficacy Presentation – 20 minutes
- Dr. Khadijah Mitchell. Lafayette University
- Mitigation Presentation – 5 minutes
- BEC – Dr. Jewell Scott, University of Pittsburgh
- Panel Discussion – 30 minutes
- Allegheny County Councilwoman Liv Bennett
- Father Paul Abernathy, Neighborhood Resilience Project
- Dr. Christopher Conti, Connected Health & Pastor, Emmanuel Church
- Dr. Shannah Tharp-Gilliam, Homewood Children’s Village
- Jerrel Gilliam, Light of Life Ministries
- Closing Prayer
- Dr. Jerome Gloster, Primary Health Care Services & Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church
About The Black Equity Coalition (BEC)
The Black Equity Coalition is a group of physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, social scientists, government officials, community funders, and beyond who maintain a commitment to addressing institutional racism and structural impediments that primarily impact the most resilient communities.
The fast-moving organization formed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has further illuminated gaps in racial equity, disparate health outcomes, and economic stability, among many other things. In less than a year, the BEC has adapted quickly to address the needs of resilient Black community members across the region and the State of Pennsylvania at Large.