2023 GPNP Summit: Transformative Leadership, Partnership, and Co-creation
The biennial Summit this past Nov. 9-10, 2023 focused on celebrating and elevating our region’s existing transformative leaders and collaborative partnerships, while sparking innovative solutions for co-creating an equitable future.
Past and Present Sponsors
What our members and sponsors are saying
What I have experienced with GPNP is the amazing workshops, webinars, using the Catchafire pilot for 17 projects for The Stepping Stone Pathways as well as utilizing the Executive-in-Residence program. The GPNP Summit means that people who are not able to attend in person can attend to virtual webinars and still benefit from some of the informational sessions that are being offered. During the summit [we had] sessions that teach you HOW to achieve your goal; it is invaluable to grow and expand your business.
Relive the GPNP Summit from 2023 and earlier:
GPNP held our biennial Summit in-person on Nov. 9-10, 2023, with over 1,400 leaders in attendance!
A Gathering of Visionaries in Southwestern Pennsylvania
The 2023 GPNP Summit, hosted at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, was a milestone event, marking another successful year of bringing together over 1,400 people from the nonprofit, higher education, business, and public sectors. This biennial gathering, powered by the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP), a coalition of over 500 organizations, showcased a remarkable blend of collaboration, learning, and innovation.
Two Days of Engaging and Impactful Activities
Our attendees, from across the region and beyond, experienced a dynamic agenda spread over November 9th and 10th, 2023.
Day 1 Highlights:
- Plenaries and Workshops: Interactive sessions designed to foster collaboration and share knowledge.
- Awards Ceremony: Celebrating the outstanding contributions of nonprofits and partners in our region.
- Donor Engagement Reception: A unique opportunity to connect with and acknowledge our supporters.
Day 2 Insights:
- Over 50 Workshops and Sessions: Tailored to encourage strategic thinking and practical solutions.
- Networking Opportunities: Building bridges between sectors to enhance advocacy and collaborative capacity.
- Exhibits: Showcasing the talents of regional artists and the support of our generous sponsors.
Key Takeaways and Lasting Impact
The Summit was not just an event but a catalyst for change, empowering participants to:
- Forge Strategic Collaborations: Learn how to increase organizational capacity and address critical social issues in southwestern Pennsylvania, aligning with the Social Determinants of Health and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Strengthen Advocacy and Partnerships: Build meaningful relationships with elected officials and cross-sector partners to enhance the nonprofit sector’s influence and collaborative abilities.
- Measure Success Effectively: Understand the importance of strategy, collaboration, and data in achieving impactful outcomes.
- Plan and Optimize Resources: Equip your organization with the tools and insights to serve your community more effectively through strategic collaboration and resource management.
Stay Connected and Inspired
Missed the Summit or want to revisit the inspiring moments? Follow @thegpnp on Instagram for exclusive clips and highlights from the 2023 GPNP Summit. Join us in reflecting on the achievements and insights shared, as we continue to build a stronger, more connected nonprofit community in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
GPNP held our biennial Summit virtually on Oct. 13-15, 2021, with over 700 leaders in attendance!
For more than a decade, thousands of amazing organizations have been enthusiastic participants in a biennial Summit hosted by The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership.
In 2021, the three-day hybrid Summit provided a platform for speakers, learners, community members, and sponsors to share, celebrate, and co-create the amazing work that nonprofits and our partners contribute to building a just region for all. By fostering opportunities for ongoing connection, we challenge attendees to collaborate with presenters, speakers, and each other to imagine how successes and lessons learned can be used to build effective local and regional solutions to complex challenges.
GPNP held our biennial Summit on Dec. 3, 2019, with over 1,000 leaders in attendance!
Hosted by The Forbes Funds, the GPNP Summit $1,500 benefit is accessible to all our members, as well as our corporate sponsors, consultants, and partners.
For more than a decade, thousands of amazing organizations have been enthusiastic participants in a biennial nonprofit summit. Attendees learned more about innovative approaches and opportunities in fulfilling missions and to move beyond the boundaries of their sectors to know the value of multi-disciplinary alliances.
The 2017 GPNP Summit attracted 1,200 community, government, philanthropic and corporate leaders, all dedicated to making the city sustainable, vibrant and healthy.
The 2017 Nonprofit Summit is was held October 5-6, 2017. Check out the video below about the Summit.
GPNP issued the following press release in advance of Summit 2015: Our Region Wins When We Work Together
October 13, 2015: More than 1,200 nonprofit executives, public officials, and business leaders will convene on Thursday, October 15, 2015 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center for Summit 2015: Our Region Wins When We Work Together, the largest conference of private, public, and nonprofit organizations in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Videos from the 2015 summit appear below. You can also read the archived press release here and see coverage from Next Pittsburgh.
The Greater Pittsburgh 2013 Nonprofit Summit: From Ideas to Action
Continuing to convene nonprofit leaders from across southwestern Pennsylvania, the Nonprofit Summit featured workshops, networking, and continued collaboration across the region.
The Nonprofit Summit in 2011 took place working to bolster nonprofits to build a better region.
In 2005, The Forbes Funds created the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP).
The Forbes Funds formalizes the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP).
In 2005, The Forbes Funds founded the GPNP to address the increasing concern that the nonprofit sector was not connected with then-current charitable tax discussions across the state.